The Thurmont Economic Development Committee is a group of local residents and business owners working to make Thurmont a business friendly and professionally prosperous community. Thurmont welcomes new businesses and pledges to assist in all possible ways. We also want to help our current businesses prosper and succeed. The committee has several goals and objectives relating to business in Thurmont and will serve as a conduit between the commercial economic interests and the municipal government through advocacy and collaboration in the following areas:
1. Encouraging the economic well-being, sustainability, and expansion of the existing commercial businesses located within Thurmont.
2. Identifying business needs for future growth and determining an effective approach in realizing these needs.
3. Reviewing municipal ordinances, policies, and practices to determine their impact on existing and proposed commercial businesses.
4. Advocating for responsible, effective economic development through an effective program of professional education, public policy, and collaboration of existing businesses
5. Serving as mentors for future inquiring entrepreneurs
6. Supporting business networking and retention
Membership in the Economic Development Committee is open to any local resident or business person that has the 21788 zip code.
For more information about the Economic Development Committee please contact the Economic Development Manager at (240)-626-9980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic Development Manager Vickie Grinder, CAO Jim Humerick and Mayor John Kinnaird