Town of Thurmont MS4 Information

“The EPA defines an illicit discharge as ‘any discharge to an MS4 (Stormwater System) that is not composed entirely of stormwater. The Town encourages residents to report any illicit discharges or water quality complaints to Town staff. Some examples of reportable activities include: 

  • Household cleaners and chemicals
  • Lawn fertilizers, grass clippings, and other maintenance products
  • Vehicle fluids including oil and runoff from washing
  • Animal waste
  • Plastics and other trash

If you witness an illicit discharge into the municipal storm sewer system, please call 301.271.7313 and provide the following:

        • Name
        • Date of Observation
        • What was observed?
        • Nearest Address
        • Was there an odor/color to the discharge?

If you are calling after normal business hours, please leave a detailed message. You may also use the online Water Quality/Illicit Discharge Reporting Form on this website or submit a written summary to the municipal office that contains the information above. ”